A cup of coffee before taking a nap? It sounds illogical. However, coffee in a combination with a short sleep will give you an extra boost of energy. Read this article to know how to prepare napuccino.
Where does the name of the new drink come from? As you might have guessed, it comes from the word “nap”. In fact, it is not a special recipe for cooking coffee. You can cook it in your favorite way. But as soon as you drink it, you will need to go and take a nap.
At first glance, this may seem strange. Is it possible to sleep after drinking coffee? And what’s the point? After all, many studies confirm the negative effect of caffeine on sleep.
But do not jump to conclusions. Consuming 150-200 mg of caffeine just before a 20-minute daily nap may give you more than a nap or coffee taken separately.
How does it work?
Twenty minutes are the time that is needed for caffeine to be absorbed by blood. After about 45 minutes, it is completely absorbed. This means that the invigorating effect of coffee will start just when you wake up.
But look deeper into the issue in terms of neurochemistry. With every active hour, the amount of neurotransmitter adenosine increases in our body. Binding to the receptors, it reduces the activity of our brain, so we want to sleep. Sleep (short or long) clears the receptors of adenosine, so you feel cheerful again.
Caffeine binds to the same receptors. The fewer receptors are occupied by adenosine, the more caffeine molecules actively interact with the brain, and the more energy we get after a cup of coffee.
A nap will help clear the brain from adenosine; therefore, the effect of coffee will be stronger.
In what situations is napuccino most suitable?
- Travel: you can take a nap at the airport, without having to worry about missing your flight.
- Jet lag: coffee helps to cope with the daily biorhythm disorder after long flights.
- Large projects: napuccino will help you make a break during a hard work.
- Night shift: most likely, you already drink coffee while working at night, but with a short nap, you can get a more vivid effect of coffee.
When you need a quick and strong jump in energy: napuccino works better than the increasing dose of caffeine.
How to guarantee the effectiveness of napuccino?
- You have to be sleepy if you want napuccino to work. If you are cheerful and full of energy, coffee will not help you sleep.
- Coffee should be without sugar. Sugar will instantly (though not for a long period of time) make you more energetic, so you will not be able to sleep.
- Do not worry about how deep your sleep is. Even a light nap will give the desired effect.
A recipe for the perfect napuccino
- Cook coffee. It is natural that coffee should be freshly brewed rather than instant.
- As you cook it, meditate or do some breathing exercises to relax.
- Find a quiet place where you will not be disturbed for half an hour.
- Drink coffee and set the alarm clock within 20-25 minutes.
- Close your eyes and relax. Do not try to force yourself to fall asleep immediately. It is better to use one of the tips for easier sleep.
- Hearing the alarm clock, you will wake up rested and full of energy!
Now that you know how to make napuccino, go on and try it!