You eat a lot of potato in one form or another, unceasingly, either as French fries and chips, or as baked or mashed side dish, sometimes as an ingredient in many a salad. Probably the only way you haven’t eaten your potato is as raw juice! That’s a pity you haven’t, because raw potato juice has a very high reputation as a multifunctional remedy for almost every kind of ailment beginning from skin problems and constipation and going all the way to cancer and cancer related diseases. It’s hardly surprising, though, since potato is practically stuffed with a great number of vitamins (A, B, and C), and beneficial substances like fiber, carbohydrates, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, manganese, iron, and many more.
But you will want to know about raw potato juice’s wholesome properties in more detail. What about benefits for the skin? The juice is good for –
Angular cheilitis, a fairly widespread skin disorder that makes the skin in the corners of your mouth redden and swell. Potato juice being an excellent anti-inflammatory, it is guaranteed to alleviate the lesions very quickly, the reason it is regarded as one of the most common treatments for the condition. Once you’ve settled into a habit of a daily intake of raw potato juice, you’ll be getting a supply of vitamin B that will set back angular cheilitis (it is thought to be brought about by vitamin B deficiency).
Skin Problems Treated with Potato Juice
- Cold potato juice is wonderful for treating blemishes – just apply a liberal portion of it to the affected area every day.
- The application of potato juice also cures sun burnt skin, providing instant cooling that drives away the pain and the burning sensation.
- Also, moisturizing your face with potato juice on a daily basis will bestow it with a healthy glow and play down your wrinkles.
- Bags and dark skin under the eyes will go away if you treat them with cotton balls dipped in potato juice. Place them under your eyes in the evening as you are going to bed. The treatment ought to work in a week or so.
- Puffy eyelids will also get better when smeared with juice-soaked cotton balls; the evidence of a tired skin will disappear.
- Did you know that raw potato juice is a good skin lightener? Mixed with some lemon juice and rubbed into the darker areas of your skin, it will help lighten the coloration. If you don’t have lemon juice handy, mix in some cucumber juice.
- The juice is also an anti-aging agent! You need to make up a face mask from some juice and curd, it will provide excellent hydration for the skin and make fine facial lines fade out. By mixing it with some olive oil you can eliminate crow’s feet and darkening under the eyes.
- To get your skin well-moisturized you can smear potato juice over the skin and heighten the effect by drinking a glass of juice a day. It will also protect the skin against toxins.
- Those who suffer from eczema will be certainly glad to know that potato juice, both applied and drunk, can tone it down too.
Hair problems treatment
- Your hair is too dry? A mixture of potato juice and aloe vera will see to it that your hair will shine again.
- You are losing hair? The juice stimulates hair growth! Prepare a mixture of it with honey and egg white, coat your hair with it and keep it on for a couple of hours. Take it off using mild shampoo and then wash your hair with water.
- Your hair is graying? After you have washed it with shampoo wash it off with potato juice and not water – your hair will look darker and sleeker.
Getting healthier with potato juice
- Detoxification is the very problem for potato juice which is known as a good flusher-out. As the juice cleanses your body, it strengthens the immune defense which is impaired by an overload of toxins. Thus you may never develop problems like angular cheilitis (often brought about by bacterial or fungal infection) and the cracking of mouth corners.
- Arthritis and joint ache are also alleviated by potato juice which, as mentioned above, is a potent anti-inflammatory. So, it can be used as part of treatment of arthritis, gout, aches in the back and joints. A drink of it before breakfast first thing in the morning is considered to be the most effective.
- Cancer. There is no official proof of it as yet, but enough unofficial evidence that potato juice is a good anti-cancer remedy. Everyday intake of the juice is believed to prevent cancer cells from affecting healthy cells.
- Kidney diseases are also treated by drinking potato juice which is known to impede the formation of calcium stone in the urinary tract.
- Cholesterol level goes down noticeably with daily drinking of the juice.
- Cardiovascular diseases also lend themselves to potato juice treatment, for it is salubrious for the heart and prevents blockages of the arteries.
- Weight loss can be easier if you keep drinking this juice two times a day, first thing in the morning and last thing in the evening about 2-3 hours before bedtime.
- Digestion can be greatly improved through a regular intake of potato juice, preventing the development of diseases like diarrhea, constipation, bloating.
- Heartburn can be toned down by early morning drinking of potato juice, for it is considered to be very wholesome for those who have gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Peptic ulcer is treated by a mixture of potato juice and carrot juice.
- Food poisoning passes away quickly after consuming the same mixture with carrot juice (or honey).
- Many other health issues like diabetes, liver disease, gastric ulcer, pancreatitis, and hypertension react positively to the consumption of raw potato juice once or twice per day.
So, there are plenty of reasons to go for raw potato juice, whether you have angular cheilitis or you are perfectly healthy and mean to stay like this. Drinking some potato juice regularly is a habit worth your while acquiring, and you can make it taste much better if you mix in some honey, carrot juice, and some herbs (sage, nettle, spirulina).